A: Introduction – The Hiver app
What is the Hiver app?
It is a mobile app that you download onto your mobile device. It enables you to perform a range of banking services using that mobile device. You can download the Hiver app onto up to four mobile devices.
Where can I find the app?
The Hiver app is available for download without charge from the App Store (for iPhones) and Google Play (for Android phones) in Australia.
What can the Hiver app do?
The Hiver app enables you to use your mobile device to:
- apply for membership and open deposit accounts with us;
- access your accounts (deposit and loan, savings or transaction) for viewing balances and information;
- give us instructions to carry out transactions on your deposit accounts e.g. transfer funds between your own accounts with us or pay someone whose account is with another bank;
- receive notices and messages from us;
- communicate with us e.g. you can use secure mail functionality in the Hiver app to notify us of any fraudulent transaction or your card is lost or ask to stop a payment.
There is a range of features set out on our website that the Hiver app enables you to do your banking with us.
In order to download and to use the Hiver app on your mobile device, you must have a compatible mobile device and download the Hiver App from App Store for iPhones or from Google Play for Android phones.
Once you have downloaded the Hiver app onto your device, you will be prompted to register your device to use the app. Your device will be registered with us once you have choose an app passcode.
We will notify you from time to time to upgrade the Hiver app. When you received notice, you must upgrade the app as soon as possible.
An upgrade is for your protection. It will deliver enhancements, new services and security features.
We do not warrant that the Hiver app is always available 24/7 365 days a year. There may be times when the app is temporarily unavailable. Usually, this happens when we are conducting maintenance or system upgrades.
The availability of the app is also dependent on the technical services we received from our third-party service providers that help make the app work.
B: Using the Hiver app
You can use the Hiver app to apply for membership with us. To become a member you must be:
- Be aged 18 or over; and
- An Australian citizen; and
- you must meet the eligibility criteria under our Constitution, which includes:
- Currently employed in Health Care, Education, Emergency Services sector; or
- Studying at or have graduated from an Australian university; or
- A family member of an existing member.
Once you are a member with us, you can use the Hiver app to view account balances, view transaction history, view pending transactions, schedule future payments, biometric logon, passcode sign in, view quick balance, transfer between accounts, pay anyone using BSB and account number or PayID, BPAY, report lost/stolen card, block/unblock card or order a new card.
We do not charge any fees for the use of the Hiver app (including when you download the app). You can find out about fees and charges by accessing our Fees and Charges brochure here.
Things you should know—access and data charges
Our online services may not always be available. We will endeavour to keep outages and down time to a minimum.
We may suspend or terminate your use of the Hiver app without notice at any time, for example, if we suspect unauthorised transactions have occurred or that the Hiver app is being misused.
Data charges may be charged by your internet service provider for using the Hiver app.
Making payments using a BSB and account number or PayID
You can use the Hiver app to make payments. Payments are processed using the BSB and account number or PayID (for instance an email address, mobile phone number or ABN), without using the recipient's name. Please take care to enter the correct BSB and account number or PayID as you may not be able to recover a payment if it is credited to a mistaken account.
Using face and fingerprint recognition for logon
If you have the Hiver app installed on an iPhone or Android device that has facial or fingerprint recognition function available, you will be able to turn on biometric recognition function to access for the Hiver app. Turning on biometric recognition function for the app means that you can access the Hiver app using facial recognition or your fingerprint instead of your passcode.
You must not turn on biometric recognition function to access for the Hiver app if you have any facial recognition or fingerprints data stored on your device other than your own. If after turning on biometric recognition function, you allow other people to use their facial recognition or fingerprints on your device, you must first turn off the biometric recognition function which allows for access to the Hiver app.
If you do allow anyone else’s facial recognition or fingerprints function to be stored on your device (despite this being against these terms):
- They’ll be able to access your accounts using the Hiver app and they will be considered as having been authorised by you to do so; and
- You will be responsible for all the transactions performed by them.
Biometric recognition access for the Hiver app can only be turned on if it is available on your own iPhone or Android device and has been enabled by you on your device.
Biometric recognition function is technology provided by respective devices manufacturers and accordingly we are not responsible:
- for any malfunction in facial or fingerprint recognition.
- If the manufacturer of your device makes any changes to its biometric recognition technology that impacts the way you access the Hiver app you will still be able to access the app using your passcode.
If you choose to use facial or fingerprint recognition function to access the Hiver app, you will still need your passcode and must set and protect your passcode in the manner outlined in these terms.
Protecting against unauthorised transactions
1. Hiver app passcode
a. You are required to set up a passcode for use with the Hiver app. Once registered, the 4-6 digit passcode can be used to access the app.
b. You can change this passcode after logging into the Hiver app.
2. How to protect your app passcode
a. You should always:
i. Memorise your passcode as soon as possible—if you record it, disguise it so others can’t decipher it.
ii. If you nominate a passcode, use a number that is not obvious or can’t be easily guessed (for example, don’t use your date of birth).
iii. Take precautions when using the app (for example, don’t let anyone watch you enter you passcode).
b. You must never:
i. Tell or let anyone find out your passcode—not even family or friends.
ii. Record a passcode on your device or computer.
iii. Keep a record of the passcode with your device.
What to do if your mobile device is lost or stolen
Please contact us immediately on 1800 044 837 if your phone is lost or stolen. Unreasonable delay may result in liability for unauthorised transactions.
Verifying your mobile number
For security reasons, each time you register for the Hiver app, you are prompted to verify your mobile number. After verifying once, you won’t have to do so again on the same device until you need to re-register.
You may register up to four mobile devices for use with the Hiver app. To register an additional device you simply go to the App Store or Google Play and download the Hiver app. The app screen will show two buttons ‘Login’ and ‘Become a member’. If you have already been on-boarded as a member, the screen will only show the ‘login’ button. You can then view the devices to which the app had been downloaded and you can manage your devices through the ‘hamburger’ menu. You can use one device to deactivate remotely the Hiver app that is available on another device.
You will need to re-register for the app when you have either:
- Deleted the Hiver app from your device and you want to re-install the app onto your device again; or
- If you have changed to another device and you need to install the Hiver app for the first time.
Show / Hide / Reorder accounts
By hiding and /or reordering your accounts via the Hiver app you only modify the account list for viewing while inside the app. The changes made to your account order or view will NOT be reflected elsewhere (for example, Internet Banking).
By downloading and using the Hiver app, you agree you will:
- Take all necessary and reasonable steps to protect your mobile device and prevent unauthorised access and use of the Hiver app.
- Lock your mobile device and not leave your devices unattended and left logged into the Hiver app.
- Notify us immediately if your mobile device is lost, stolen or compromised in any way, or where your mobile phone service is disconnected (which may indicate that your device is being ported).
- Use the Hiver app solely for personal purposes to undertake your banking with us and operate your accounts in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
- Not copy, modify, alter, reverse engineer, hack into or insert malicious code to the Hiver app or software;
- Before you sell, dispose or gift your registered devices with the Hiver app, you will ensure that the Hiver app is deleted and if you have enabled a biometric recognition function for access to the app, you must disable this function.
Hiver Bank is a division of Teachers Mutual Bank Limited ABN 30 087 650 459 AFSL 238981